Why Join PEP-RJ?
Program and Engagement Professionals of Reform Judaism (PEP-RJ) is an affiliate of the URJ (Union of Reform Judaism) that was officially formed in 2001 and is comprised of full and part-time Program and Membership Directors as well as those whose responsibilities fall under program coordination, membership, outreach and adult education or other related jobs within your congregation. By joining the PEP-RJ, you will gain access to a wealth of information and support. Through our network, you will get to know other creative, energetic and experienced professionals. By sharing ideas, knowledge and resources, you will be supported as you build community, create connections and take your congregation’s programming to a higher level.
PEP-RJ Affiliation Can Provide:
- A monthly PEP-RJ e-newsletter with program ideas, best practices and personal experiences from our program directors.
- Guidance in matters of contract negotiation with your congregation including issues of insurance, family leave, retirement and other benefits.
- Access to the benefits offered by membership in the Reform Pension Board.
- Regional and national recognition as a member of one of the URJ affiliate groups of Jewish professionals.
- Network with program directors from all over the U.S. and Canada using our Yammer group on the URJ's Tent Network. You can ask questions and respond to or share experiences with your colleagues.
Get connected now. To be a part of an amazing group of professionals who make a difference in their congregant’s lives daily, join today. For $150 a year (July 1-June 30), your membership will open many doors and help you connect to other professionals.
In this time of economic uncertainty, we know some of our members may not be able to pay their full PEP-RJ dues; please know we are here to support you regardless of your ability to fulfill your annual commitment. Now, more than ever, we want to work with you to make sure that you are able to retain your membership. If you would like to discuss your specific circumstances, please contact Bryan Bierman at firstname.lastname@example.org and know this will be kept confidential.
Please complete the membership form online.
NOTE: For congregations with more than one qualifying PEP-RJ Member, a bundled membership rate is available this year. To access the form, click here
You may pay online or send a check from your congregation to:
PEP-RJ C/O Jason Plotkin
1500 Sunset Blvd, Houston, TX 77005
E-mail Jason Plotkin at email@example.com if you have any questions.